The program is downloadable and the printed colour souvenir program will also be available at selected outlets in Canowindra and from regional visitor information centers.
Canowindra Community Bowls & Recreation Club
Ph: 6344 1605 for info.
Clubs greens available for bowls all week. Bowls available for newcomers.
Tuesday 18th April
9.30am @ Canowindra Bowlo: Come and join the ladies Bowlers.
Wednesday 19th April
6pm- 8pm @ Canowindra Bowlo: Market Nite. Meat trays up for grabs.
Thursday 20th April
Names in by 1pm for 1.30pm start @ Canowindra Bowlo: Social bowls. Winners & Runners up.
2pm @ Canowindra Showground:
The balloon pilots will be available to answer all of your questions about hot air ballooning.
6.30pm @ The Old Vic Inn:
Come and enjoy great food and the wonderful ambience of the upstairs balcony at this historic building. Set 3 Course Menu $35 per person. Bookings essential.
Friday 21st April
Names in by 6pm for 6.30pm start @ Canowindra Bowlo: Bare foot bowls. Winners & Runners up. Monster Market Nite Draw. $1800 in prizes and meat trays. Peter Clover in concert from 7pm.
7pm @ Royal Hotel. Dinner on the Verandah.
Bookings required. Bistro open Wednesday to Saturday.
Saturday 22nd April
3.30pm Balloon Glow
Sunday 23rd April
10am-3pm @ 510 Rivers Road. Rosnay Cellar and Sausage Sizzle.
2pm @ Canowindra Showground
The balloon pilots will be available to answer all of your questions about hot air ballooing.
Monday 24th April
There are no scheduled balloon flights this afternoon. The last competition flight was completed this morning.
We are hoping, weather permitting, that we will be able to launch a balloon tomorrow.
Tuesday 25th April
6am Dawn Service @ Memorial Park. Followed by breakfast in the Services Club.
10.45am March along Gaskill St.
11am ANZAC Service in Memorial Park.
14th - 27th April
Daily 10am-4pm @ Old IGA Store, Gaskill St.
A collection of local artists from the region will be displaying many varied works, styles and mediums including photography and sculpture.
22nd - 23rd April
Daily 9am - 3pm @ Services Club Auditorium.
All items are made or grown by local and regional people. Great opportunity to discover the diversity, productivity and creativity of our community.
Some of the proposed activities (not finally confirmed) are:
· Daily announcements about the days ballooning activity via PA, 1300 908 825 and Facebook
· Meet the balloonists and hear of their ballooning adventures around the world.
· Watch the pilots flying to The Kavanagh Balloons Key Grab where they grab a key from the top of a flagpole to win a major prize worth $6,800.
This is a sponsors and spectators delight as you cheer the pilots into their approach to the key.
· Walk in an inflating balloon with donations to charity
· Chase the Balloons via our live tracking map
· Geocaching daily wind sounds with the weather man
· Bring your Drone (Special registration is required)
· Event photographic competitions
· Mid week dinners and functions around Canowindra
· Tethered Balloon Rides
· Balloon Glow
· Souvenir T Shirts and Hoodies for sale
· Kids waving Glow Wands to music before the main Glow to the "Happy" tune
· Commercial balloon rides
· Interactive Facebook and Instagram sites
Find out more about the Balloon Glow.